Major project / Khan Academy-

Well, this class, on the other hand, greatly aided me in understanding more about various digital sites and tools for improving the effectiveness of my teaching and learning processes. I learned about two educational websites for my main project, Desmos and TikTok, and now I’m working on “Khan Academy,” a very smart and interesting website that supports pre-service and post-service teachers and their students. When I used to teach in India, I used this digital site for the first time to teach my students, and I’m still learning from it. It is a really helpful website that is beneficial not only to students but also to teachers and parents of students.

Khan Academy is a website designed specifically for teachers and students to learn subjects like math, physics, chemistry, history, economics, and other competitive tests like the SAT, LSAT, and MCAT. This website contains educational materials for primary school students, primarily kindergarten, first, and second grades in elementary schools.

The major goal of this website is to provide free access to a world-class education to everyone, wherever in the globe. https://www.khanacademy.org/about

And it will continue to do so as it expands its content and incorporates new educational philosophies and technology. Khan Academy, which includes articles, practice exams, and other subject matter for practically all classes, is a creative method to engage more students both inside and outside of the classroom, in my opinion.

I made a video in which I discussed some of the features of Khan Academy.

Click the link below to watch the video:  

Furthermore, in all-informative films, teachers avoided showing their faces, which I believe is an excellent method to protect teachers’ digital identities. However, in general, this website is new, encouraging, and offers a new viewpoint on education.

Thank you

LOVEPREET KAUR

3 thoughts on “Major project / Khan Academy-

1. Hi Lovepreet!
    Khan Academy is a great tool for teachers and students to use. I used it when I was a classroom teacher as another way to show students mathematics concepts. My own children used it at home when they were doing homework and needed additional support that I was not able to provide, especially when it came to high school algebra!

2. I have also used this platform lovepreet… It is a very helpful tool for both teachers and students. I think the vast content of this platform makes it more valuable for us.

3. This is a great tool for kiddos to use to understand new concepts and reinforce concepts. This is also helpful for teachers who are busy but are wanting to supplement their teaching. I have created math videos for my grade 6 kiddos with the help of a colleague and started the grade 7 ones. But these videos are great for supplementary material for sure! Love it.