TikTok- a powerful teaching tool/Major project

Well!! I am not a digital media person, but I would love to explore different sites to make my teaching- learning more effective. Along with Desmos, I am also learning about various social media apps that are useful in Education sector. Therefore, for my major project, I will share my personal journey of using TikTok as a new comer. So, recently, I made an account on TikTok, which is very new platform for me. In this blog, I will share, how, TikTok is helpful in making our lessons more interesting. TikTok, an online video sharing app, which can be used for educational purpose also. TikTok can be used to learn something and even teach something, and people are already doing it. There are a lot of people in TikTok who are making educational videos and many more different kinds of informative videos, many people who post videos of science experiments, math’s lessons &reading. Some post motivational stuff, some post activity videos for students. Here, I am sharing my first TikTok video.

1st TikTok video…

As per this news https://techcrunch.com/2021/12/20/tiktok-to-rank-as-the-third-largest-social-network-2022-forecast-notes/#:~:text=TikTok%20will%20follow%20with%20its,ahead%20of%20Snap%20and%20Twitter.&text=TikTok%2C%20over%20the%20past%20couple,the%20first%20quarter%20of%202020 , TikTok is one of the most used social platforms, and some of its part for teaching sectors also. Most of the people around the world are using TikTok for educational purpose also. Just like them, I also try to used it in my educational field, and I believe, one of the most top features of TikTok is, it helps in creating and editing videos all on the same platform. Moreover, teachers began creating videos on various complex ideas and uploading them to TikTok so that students may watch them several times and learn quickly. TikTok is inspiring modern-day teachers to create TikTok-based assignments in which students create videos about their understanding of difficult concepts, which teachers watch and analyze rather than making students mug and write essays without understanding anything, all of which is assisting students in learning more effectively. Also, with its EduTok Program, it has created and popularized various educational videos.

Looking forward to make more educational videos on TikTok.

Thank you

Lovepreet kaur

2 thoughts on “TikTok- a powerful teaching tool/Major project

1. WOW! Thats super cool! will you use these videos in your classroom? will you get students to create their own for other topics? So engaging for the kiddos (and something different and fun for the adults too!)

• yes @CymoneBernau, when i used to teach in India, i prepared students for science & math’s fair, so for that purpose, we made various Models like that, and definitely, i will use these Models along with digital tools in my classroom.